Friday, August 5, 2011

I love this little poem

Little
HANDS and FEET

Thank you Lord for LITTLE hands
that SMUDGE my walls and doors
Thank you too for dirty FEET with
MUD upon my floors.

Thank you for these little HANDS
that SPILLED their milk today
And pulled the tail of the CAT
that MADE it run away

And I'm thankful for tHESE little
feet with SHOES on all askew.
And little hands that REACH for
me WHEN the day is through.

And I'm certain that these little FEET
have a MIND of all their own
As they step through LIFE while years
pass by, for SOON they will be grown.

The sticky prints upon the WALL
Grow higher every year
But silently and one by ONE they
SOON will disappear.

So I'll cherish all the HAND prints
and TRACKS upon my floor,
Cause before I know, THERE will
COME a day, when they're gone
FOREVERMORE.

No comments:

Post a Comment