Monday, September 12, 2011

Teach Your Children.....

There is a Bible verse that talks about teaching your children in the way they should go and when they are old they will not depart from it. How true is that, every little thing we do our children learn from us, if you yell your children are likely to yell, if you say something your children are likely to say the same thing, if we act a certain way your children are more than likely to act the same way, why we need to be very careful with our tongue and our actions. If my child is doing something that I am not liking, says something I do not like, I check myself before getting onto them and then talk to them. For example I would occasionally say "freaking" not all the time but still, I never realized how bad it sounded till I heard my 4 year old eldest say it, he didn't know any better he had heard mommy say it so it must be ok, needless to say I don't say that neither do my children :). Anyways we need to be careful with our words and our actions. A little story, every time my kids hurt themselves I always pray for their owie and the other kids usually help me, we just pray very simply God touch (child) owie make the hurt go away and heal it in JESUS NAME, Amen. About a month ago I tried chopping my finger off :) went to ER and got stitched up, while my husband and I were at the ER the kids told the sweet lady from the church who was with them they wanted to pray for their mommy so they did. I got home from the ER and they were excited to see I was ok gave me loves and then got back in bed. Everyday since I hurt myself they ask me at least once a day, either Judah or Jacob, if they can pray for my owie, they put their little hand on my hand and say "Jesus touch my mommy's hand make it better in Jesus Name, Amen". Last night my husband with the boys left town to go to Spokane to pick up some stuff and see Nana and Papa, who they LOVE, my husband called very late and said are you asleep yet, I replied no why, he said well I just put the boys in bed and Judah wanted to call you and pray for your owie. I LOVE IT. I must be doing something right, thank you Jesus, when they want to pray. Thought for today Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment